Had an awesome time at the "Ripper" Owens gig tonight at The Patch.
I must say I like the venue. It's small and intimate, with chairs and tables for those that want to sit and watch, and the bar at the side, so you can still sink schooners while enjoying the show.
Let's get more acts here!
Funniest part of the night was the obvious joke on the levels during the opening number, "Painkiller". At the end of the song Ripper said "We did do a sound check, right?". Then when he was still unhappy in the first 30 seconds of the second song. he just said, "OK, let's stop there - let's get this fixed", and off he went, while the band performed an impromptu sound check. Five minutes later, and off we went again, this time better, but still being adjusted during that second song.
Anthony was the only other person who chose to come, suck eggs to those that didn't! He also kindly drove, which meant I got about ten schooners into me during the three hours we were there.
The set list was awesome:
- Painkiller (Judas Priest)
- Burn in Hell (Judas Priest)
- The Ripper (Judas Priest)
- Victim of Changes (Judas Priest)
- Scream machine (Beyond Fear)
- When the Eagle Cries (acoustic) (Iced Earth)
- Diamonds and Rust (acoustic) (Judas Priest)
- Heart of a Killer (Winter's Bane)
- Stand Up and Shout (Dio)
- Starting Over (solo album)
- Blood Stained (Judas Priest)
- Rising Force (intro of I Am A Viking) (Yngwie Malmsteen)
- Breaking the Law (Judas Priest)
- Grinder (Judas Priest)
- Play My Game (solo album)
- One on One (Judas Priest)
- Living After Midnight (Judas Priest)
- Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath)